Saturday, July 7, 2012

Back to Beauty Basics: Newness

Like with most things that I enjoy, I feel guilty when I give them more attention than I do my homework. It is time that I really need to be focusing on corporate taxation and compiling a tax return, but I need to keep writing just to stay sane!

I went on a little shopping spree (just a tiny one) that included just makeup, so I didn't get into too much trouble. It was still quite a haul (or at least my cheque book thought so), but I didn't buy into much colour. I stocked up on basics.

I bought new brushes, finally got my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, an eyebrow pencil, and some eye base. All of these great additions to my routine.


Laura Mercier Angled Cheek Contour Brush ($45)

This brush is intended to be a couture brush, but it is my new blush brush. My old one was quite round and would apply blush to too much of my face, while the angle of this one lets me have a little more precision with where my blush goes and how much goes on my face. It also allows for a nice build-up of colour.

Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow Brush ($28)

Since I have been using more cream eye shadows I though it would be a good idea to buy a cream eye shadow brush. This one is nice and handy for picking up the appropriate amount of colour and applying nice and evenly.



Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20 ($42)

I finally got around to buying this tinted moisturizer and boy do I like it. It feels so light while also creating enough cover to even out my skin tone.


Laura Mercier Eye Basics ($24)

This eye base is a nice amount of coverage over the eyelid. It is a great base for any eye shadow and I think it makes the shadow more vibrant than without. It is also nice to use when I am not wearing any eye shadow at all to cover any signs of blood vessels or redness. 


Here is everything put together. The left side is without anything and the two on the right are with the tinted moisturizer and eye base. 


I am glad that I have been busy with my homework because today while getting ready for work I think I had a break through with my eye brow routine. Before I had been using Benefit's Brow Zings ($30). Then I added a powder with MAC's Texture Eye shadow ($15). Finally, I bought the Dior Powder Brown Pencil ($29). I was still frustrated with how bad my brows were coming out. Finally today, I tried to be a little of all three to line and fill. Listen to you mothers when they tell you not to over pluck your eyebrows! However, it if is already too late, find a good eyebrow system that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment